The Christmas Holidays

Christmas 2012 

I had the delight to spend Christmas with a family that was not my own, but I felt welcomed and loved and so very blessed to be in the warmth of their families arms. Below are a few photos from Christmas eve and Christmas morning/day. 

Cheery, colored lights reflect out into the blustery night. Driving on snow slick roads past houses that line the streets of Denver, they glow with the color of Christmas and the expectations of love. I am wrapped in the sounds of small children laughing and the tearing of colored paper; in the warm armsof family, though they may not be my own; in the song of darkness and the brilliance of hope. I am filled and blessed, surprised, delighted and loved. Merry Christmas my beloved world. May we wake to a world that knows the beauty of grace and gratitude.






Silent night.




The adorable. 


Christmas morning reindeer. 



Family band.

Present mayhem!
Rockin out with the family!

--------------Christmas with my family sometime in January--------

Traditional Woods-Darby Christmas always centers around the box my Grandmother Nanu sends from Delaware. It always contains chips and crackers, and pretzels and news paper clippings, and tooth paste and floss. This year, we also had a few presents for each other, which was new. But so lovely to share our wealth around. I love my family and I love that our christmas, even though it was nearly two weeks late, was still so full of love, gratitude and ridiculousness. So grateful for my family. 


 My family.

Logan and his new driving gloves.









My mom's incredible art.







And from New Years:

With the smell of fireworks and the taste of expensive champagne, with new friends and softly proclaimed love I welcome in the new year in the frigid midnight Colorado air. 
Happy new year world! 
May it bless you and make you brighter.

Popular Posts