Christian Freed.

A week ago today I found myself officially in a relationship. Like on facebook.  With a boy.

And it's a amazing- even if our relationship started a long time ago and is not defined by the definition of our friends.

So for the people who don't know him this is Christian Freed, he's from northern California and we've been good friends and off and on dating for about a year and a half.
Now here are a bunch of adorable photos I've been hoarding of us.
Be ready to be cute bombarded.
 
Our very first date- to a blues prom in San Francisco CA.






Dancing everywhere.




 He surprised me with a trip to his favorite place in the world (disneyland) cause I'd never been for my birthday this last year.









He was my date for the Paonia Film Festival in 2012 -us warming up  for the red carpet.



 From our recent caravaning road trip out to the northwest together.



If it weren't for dancing we would never even know each other.

     He was my date for one of my best friends weddings this summer.

We met in Portland in early April of 2011 in a dark coffee shop filled with fellow blues dancers. And our tumultuous love story began when he asked me to dance.

We have stretched our love story over a thousand miles, (just over a thousand from my house to his)  -hundreds of hours and hours on the phone, letters, skype calls, late night fb chats and about 10,000 text messages (and counting!). We've spent days, weeks and months together; but let me tell you something, long distance sucks. But for now it's what we've got, and I'm grateful to have it.  

He's a little ridiculous, and so am I, he's sweet and caring and kind, and he's been there for me through so much, so much exploration and heart ache. He is one of a kind and I am so grateful he asked me to dance.



Popular Posts