some questions


What kind of love have you experienced.

The sweetness of new love.?
The kindness of a strangers love.
The overpowering of fear, that love will not last.
Young love.
Old love.
Good love.
Sister love.
Friend love.
Dog love.
Broken love.
Whole love.

Or perhaps you know it more from it's actions; perhaps you have woken up to love; the sun on your face, and someones arms wrapped so tightly around you, as if they never want to let you go.

Perhaps you have seen the love in a child, the way it lights up their eyes, perhaps you remember it still. 

I have love for waking up to the cold nose and bright eyes of my Border Collie. I have love for the coming of dawn, the way the colors blend and blush on the horizon, the birth of the new sun, every single day.

I write about love a lot. 
I think because I feel it is, pretty much, the most important thing. 

I write about lost love and first love and broken hearted love. 
But in all the pain and fear of love, I hope you know that it is still the driving force behind my words. 

This love. 

This moment and this space of time to give back and give forward to life, to new life, to new experiences we don't even know yet and people we will grow to love, some even more than ourselves.

I have been recently hit with how lucky I am to have what I have; I am transformed, through what I have experienced through love, with the kind I share with my best friend, with the stranger sharing smiles on the sunlit street corner or the sheer unimagined bliss of silently holding hands as the dusk falls.

I know love, the kind that makes you want to give your complete soul. 
and I sometimes forget that some people go their whole lives without ever experiencing this
So what if I have had my own heart broken so completely. I 
know I am a stronger person, a deeper person, because I know this
kind of irreconcilable pain. And I know, that even through the 
pain and sometimes the fear(okay, a lot of times, the fear) I want 
to and will love again, love again with my whole heart, my whole 
soul, as well as eyes open to life, and to who I am and who I want
to be.

Popular Posts