Missed connections.

Missed connections.

I keep sending them and they keep landing unanswered in the sea. 

Are you in my coffee cup, staring back at me?
Lurking in the black of the liquid, in the caffeinated apathy.

Sun runs down my window, sinking into my skin. 
Playing in the freckles in my forearm, in the softness of my skin.

How long can I miss you, like teeth missing from a comb.
Am I mendible, or left unhinged, a door swinging open to the cold.

Respect is something you must give yourself, before you can hope to receive it from the world. The way you see yourself, the way you carry your head, is what the world sees, first.

I walk the path of dawn, but your still swirling inside my head. Dreams and dreams and dreams. I heard a ghost of my future self whisper out your name. Dreams, and dreams and dreams.

I am unconfined. One part sun and one part wind. I am uncatchable, don't make me come down.

Blue. The sky is brilliant. The sun it shines golden down. I watch from above as people's shadows lean against the ground.

Where am I to go. What am I to find. Where is my little rock in the middle of all this grim, or is it all devine and I am simply lost in the looking for a sign.

Popular Posts