Drop.. Drip.. Drop.. Drip

drop.

drip.

drop.

My stomach feels the weight, it falls like pins dropping on a silent floor.
Or like rain, spilled like hail stones, onto boulders, splashed like whalers, men no more.
I seek you for your eyes, for your burning eyes.
I see into the past with shadowed lids.
But the sun outside is bright and there are good things to love, to dance for, to burn in shadows bright.

My legs and feet are bare and the sun is warm, bravely showing it's February face. Shadows lean away from the light, stretched out, reaching in a desperate sort of way, for the coming night.

I lay my head back. Lay out the parts of my body, onto the awakening ground. My arms and legs, unfolding them like paper wings into the sun.

    Let go of the dispair. Let go of the pain.  Let go of the longing. Let go of the game.
          I am whole without you now. I am a princess freeing my own dragon, no need to slay it now.

Dig. Dig. Dig. into the ground, dig into the places that make the quietest sounds. NOt to bury a part of my soul, but to uncover so I can grow whole.

Let there be peace. Let there be peace. Deep, real, encouraging peace. In the minds and hearts and finger tipes of the people, of the dancers and the workers and the man who drives the delivery truck, in the house wives and trophy wives and mothers and ones who've been down on their luck.

Come on. We all know about suffering, in some small sort of way. We all know about lonely, about comfort if we pay the price to play. Let your soul be filled, pull back the gates around your heart, let the sun in, even if your alone, especially if your alone. There is beauty out there, there is forgiveness. there are new hopes, new dreams, new houses and families and worn books to read.

So hold your peace close. Or hold it out to share. A smile is a small price, but it's worth is more than fair.

Hands held over distance.
Hearts touching in the dawn.
I may be no where near you now, but I know love is never wrong.


Popular Posts