Words


"A disservice." He said.

"I have given my children, you, my daughter, a disservice by trying to tell you that true- love is impossible and that it never works.
That to fall in love, to invest in the dream, is somehow, weakness."
   
"I guess I just didn't want you to fall into an idealistic fairy tale of happily -ever -afters and prince charmings and end up being broken hearted by belief in the end."
     "But I realize now, hearing you talk about it with your brother, and watching the tears roll down your cheeks in your fight for your own beliefe in love; That my trying to protect you in that way was wrong."

You should, love.

"I think you understand that relationships are work and not always easy, that's what I wanted to empart in you, not that love is impossible. And since I've been with Emily, I have found that I don't know the answers to love or relationships."
 "I am learning just like you."
"I just have had a few more years of experience."

^^ My father. Today, as I made peach pancakes in our now shared kitchen, as the first snows of November flitted down outside. The apron tied around my pajamas used to be my moms, but now it's mine.

Healing.

Such healing to hear those words come willingly out of my fathers mouth.


Popular Posts