pain-t


Light the match, my love, striking against the dark.
I'll slowly breath and let it burn.

Hold my hand my friend, I'll let it, glow.
Love the dawn, stranger, as you watch it, slow.

Love the journey, the mistakes and the pain, the smiles and beauty that knocks you over, makes you cry and love and
human again.

Oh so you want to make me yours? You want to fill my sky? Go ahead and try.
 Paint me a dark sky looming, full of clouds over looking the reach of the dark horizon line. Paint pelting rain drops the size of ripe peaches, that splash and leave welts; paint gales of wind that pull and tear, ripping what I know from the earth and giving it to the tempests of the air.

That's fine, you can paint away, paint me a storm, paint me a freaking hurricane, but know, yours is not the only brush.
No matter what you etch, I will always have paint in me.
He will sketch me arms to keep me safe. And always a way to find me home.

Popular Posts