For Drea

 Dearest,
The light is pale here, full of gray and cloudy storms, but there is a fire a- glowing in the grate, a comfort of this home.
The spaces and places in my mind have stretched since last our eyes did meet.
My dreams are shifting like the image in a kaleidoscope as it turns; shot through with sunlight and jewel bright colors.. tumbling in chaos to find a perfect moment of beauty, before being slowly turned, on.

I know the days are probably mostly passed when down the street I could call your name and you would lift your eyes and sing to me. I know that life has a path for us, both you and me, both calling and our hearts can do nothing but answer. With joy.
But know, my love, you are sister to me, you are lived through my heart and my joy for you. I miss talks and silly giggles, but my sorrow at the past is greatly outweighed by the gratitude in my heart for the smile in yours.

Words scramble and blend, bending in the windy fields of this war torn world.
But love is deeper than sound, than water, than dust.
Glances once sharp are softened. Voices once hushed are spoken. Memories guided into peace.
I am living in my heart again, which without you, I don't know if I ever would have found this place.
You held my hand in the deepest darkness I have known.
The cottonwood glows gold as a torch, the wind softly carrying its jewel bright leaves to rest, on the dark soft ground.
You live in my heart.
Wherever the paths of life take us. The seasons spinning and turning like the time.
The adventures and mountains and valleys alike.
 Know that I carry a piece of you, with me.
And send you love and support and fire, when I feel you sitting in the corner of my mind.

So heavy heart beware, the journey of life is less than smooth, but that's why there is love in it.
birds fly and bend, and you my love with flourish through the shadows and the light.

You burn and it is a kind of sanity, a transcended kind of delight.


Popular Posts