Breaking the spell..

I have been living under a spell.

The spell of labels
and social media
and the concrete words of others.
Of wrong-doing
and right.

Suburbia and cities insidious
way of making you feel both exposed,
isolated
and obsolete.

I have been trying to fit myself so hard into the realms of other peoples worlds.
Other people's opinions,
excitement,
needs
and dreams
that have way outstripped my own.

But, I don't fit. When I'm not them, and when I'm not them, I'm not me.

I am sometimes lonely. And sometimes I ache from places deep and welling. Some days I am beautiful and somedays I am full of mischief and sass. Sometimes I carry the days worth of sin, on my back, in my skin, bring it home, lay it bare on the soft comforter of my bed. It is dirty. As am I, in the cleanliness of life.

I am not bland, I am not sterol. I have dreams that I was born with and sometimes way outstrip me.

But I am bold and strong in love.
And I shall live in my cabin in the woods.
Yes, I shall live in my cabin in the woods.

Popular Posts