images

It's dark and the images flash through my head like a kaleidoscope turning on a wheel. The memories bloom out of the darkness, their colors brighter and more life like than a dream...

     A bench, silhouetted against the sky, the bars and rungs black against the duskening rose of evening.
Faces.
Mouths and lips, bitten by love and desire and the astringent taste of fear.
Eyes, hers, longing, looking deep, reaching beyond what you or I could ask for. And then when no one reaches back, her eyes grow still and close.

A bed. soft, warm and inviting, but only as comforting as the people who lay down upon it. --Mine, is small, not wide enough for two people who plan on sleeping, and tucked up against the wall, my art spread high above it, it's pillows comfy but unmatched.

A girl. Legs tucked up to her chest, head down. Hiding her emotions in the only way she knows how. To hide her self.

Love. Pure and unadulterated. Young, Never having to be tested against the world and all the fear. Pure. Sweet and strong. Love. Is what we had, and love is what I fear, is gone.

I climbed a tree tonight, in my long plaid flannel skirt and it didn't rip. I climbed a tree tonight above the bustle of the Pearl Street mall and disappeared in the place yet to be filled. In the dark.

I am flawed. And thank God. I am so happy to have things to feel and just one heart to break and mend. Thank God for my imperfections and my wacky way of seeing the world. Thank god for my naivety, for my childlike wonder, for my unbridled passion; for dance, for music, for cheesecake and thank God for the fire that grows in my soul, always urging me to be more, of myself, of who I am meant to be.
Thank God for the path I am on, wherever it may lead.

Faces upturned toward the moon, their glances filled like cups, like bowls of the silvery liquid of moonlight. The breeze blows softly, singing the secrets of the willow tree. Hands, quietly holding in the shadows, strength and comfort and joy found in-between the fingers laced. and no need to say a word.

Popular Posts