The color of my red strings

In the deep web workings of my mind, there runs red strings- attached to my heart.

When I see him, when I see his bright smile, or the shadows when he's looking down, these red strings are pulled and plucked and out comes a melody soft, sweet and haunting.

I want to be next to you in the early morning light.
I want to lean against your shoulders - human strong.
I want you to hold my hand and hear you laugh, through the jungle of midnight, summer stars

I feel compelled to tell you, but through the words you look away.
I want so bad to show you, how much you mean to me, but I can't if you won't stay.
So I go on, I don't stop dancing, just because the music has.
My love for you grows on, even through this maroon quietude.

I shall love you from over here, these red strings sill sing. I shall weave together this melody and the color of my regard shall crimson bring.


8/20/11

Popular Posts