bare foot with my naked heart



I am naked. I am naked in my emotions, in my own vulnerability and in my own strength. I am naked in the ways I see the world and the way I climb a tree.
I am naked, my heart bare of bars and golden rings.

I am bare foot in the dark, bare foot with my naked heart.
I have only one way to travel on, keep watching the stars until they become the dawn.
My toes are dirty and uneven, my feet callused and worn from the stones I've turned and tripped over.
My skin is unknown, browned by the affection of the sun, freckled and sunwarmed, I carry on.
I carry with me, a chain of smiles and moments on a red string.
No one can ever steal these from me, for I keep them buried deep in the head, next to where I store my dreams.
These moments and memories, shine with luminescence and flutter with balance and love.
-Like dancing under a sky strewn with so many stars, the cold mountain air expanding your lungs as you breath out and in your delight at dancing, at loving, at living with everything you could possibly ever have.
Like, the faces around a scrubbed wooden table, smiles round and sweetness and laughter flowing like wine.
Like the glow of morning and the soft and stable of someone specials palm in your hand, fingers laced.
Like the moment before I left home, my family gathered over food, playing jokes and music and love in the comfort of habit and delight in each others light.
Like the beach at dawn.
Like knowing, I will dance again.

I know of the soul of the world. I know of the soul in your eyes, I can see it flutter when arms around and the music plays.. deep into your eyes, deep into your depths it sways.
I know of the love that can take root there, and of the fear of showing your darkness to another. I know of this joy. I know of this pain.

I am bare foot in the dark, bare foot with my naked heart.
Happy to be bare, happy to live bare, close to the soul of the world. It is there I find comfort, there I find my inspiration, my sun.

Popular Posts