Love.

When the wind has sighed out it's last breath and the moon has shrunk to infinity, will love endure?
When the rings have fallen from our withered hands, our bodies lost to decay, will these vows still ring true, promised in this moment now, in this promise of forever..
If my love can carry you on high, and this passion move mountains within, how will I know..? When does time stop, where does the everyday become the fairytale, the two worlds melding and twisting into one. I want to know, because as far as I can see, life never stops, moments are not spun from gold and sapphire they are born each day with the rising sun and they die like every other with the coming of dark. Love is constant, but only if you keep living through it, keep choosing it, keeping time with two hearts is a hell of a lot harder than it looks in the movies, but two hearts in time can dance through mountains.

How many times have I asked my heart to disbelieve ?
How many words whispered have I spoken aloud, snuffing out any kind of hope in something I've always been taught to be seen as blatantly impossible.
And yet, here I am, stricken before this great door, this imposing thresh hold, seeing for once the truth in what I have never had the courage to truly look at before. And so, I looked, I felt and touched and found what depths my heart had always known, I had simply been too fearful to see them as my truth.
I believe in, the one. I believe that love can be strong. I believe that love and life are sometimes unbearably hard, but also, that some days it's also nearly unbearably full of iridescent delight, so much so that you feel you might actually begin to lift off, like Peter Pan and Wendy, but that both emotions, are meant to be felt. Each moment meant to be lived, completely.

So my heart beats on, and my path curves ahead. I have no clues where this trail will take me in time, but I cling to my hope, my faith, that if I keep trusting- keep listening- the right choices will come. It's all I have anyway, I might as well embrace it with my whole heart.

Popular Posts