ender.. in God's grace

Above the darkened queit streets we find our conversations, lost and caught in the many faceted bright gleaming stars, and the dark tops of our summer trees and in the fragments of our dreams.

In the delight of new found heart joy we surrender, ender, and begin anew. Only in this light can I completely give up trying to be you.

It is near one o'clock in the morning, nine minutes till and I am wide, my heart vulnerable from the glory and agony of tonight. But I cannot complain, I am alive in this moment. alive in these words, burning on my screen. I am alive, even if just to feel, joy or pain.


Gone. Lost. like the late autumn wind that blows through the dusty city streets under a gray sky, kicking up the browned leaves and tossing them up into the air, making them crinkle and swish and then departing as abruptly as it came. You are gone from my everyday. You are gone from my thoughts and hopes of the future. You were so much of me it's like walking down stairs and missing a step, every single time. I'm sure one of these days it won't surprise me like it does.
I hold hope close to my breast, like a baby humming bird, all the more sheltered so that when the time comes it will know how to fly.

I am letting you go. Like a leaf in the water, floating away down stream; and I have to let it go, have to watch it fade, even though I know where it came from and what made it sparkle in my own heart's, parade.
I'm letting go now, like the rafter under those logs. I've said my goodbyes and into stone I shall cease. Into the night I shall release and finally I shall sleep.

Popular Posts