Afloat Somewhere

How do I find the place
 to right myself?

Where in the water
are the demons
and the currents
and the swans?

Am I a beast
 or a broken hearted fool

or a child in love with the idea
of some far off secret charm

Is it the shards
of memory
or the blades
of steal
that cut deepest through my glass walls of pain..

Do I find myself locked up in your heart?
Is it my own
 free will to remain there..
or is a portion
of my soul
forever yours.

I feel caught,
stirred and shaken,
trapped in the eye
of this great and terrible storm
there is no escape,
there is no easy exit,
life is messy,

but we continue on.
and in this carrying on
I am happy to simply feel alive.

----

In the Gray of the dark beyond,
I can see a light on.

It casts a safely glowing shadow in which direction to row
and right now, that's all I need.

Give me the direction
and I shall point myself there with all my strength

And when the sky begins to lighten,
first dimly,
in muted lavender
And later in gold and pink

I will feel hope
igniting the fire in my heart,

As sure as the sun does rise,
I trust that I too will rise again.
And raise my arms to the sky and shout
That I am headed somewhere.

Popular Posts