Jackelopes at dawn

I feel like you've touched me,
my body here
is warm
beneath your callus
thumbs.

But the truth
of the matter
is that you don't even know me
not yet
not truly
You are still just your own.

My days are full
of ticking clocks and
light bulbs turning off,
my thoughts are wild and hard to catch
racing each other
like Jackelopes at dawn.

In the truth of the evening light
I am unbound,
unsorted and unruly,
there is no ribbon
to hold me tight,
I have no wrapping,
save for the salty sea of stars
I lay under at night.

So why would I ponder life thus so?
Why wonder about longing, loving and never letting go?
Maybe,
because as humans
we are bound
so profoundly
to our flesh
that to free my mind for just a sec
I find
something treasured,
secret
buried deep inside

In reality
life is nothing more then the
struggle and miracle
of seven billion beating hearts
breathing in
and out.


Popular Posts